It is a given that security is inconvenient. Need to develop reasonable habits that will avoid infection.
- Each time you go to the bathroom do thorough 20 second washing. This will mean several times a day
- On entering house each time.
- After opening boxes and grocery items
- After sneezing or coughing
Hand Sanitizer (HS)
- Carry small bottle of HS with you
- Use HS every time you get into your car at home and away
- Use HS on phone once per day
- Use HS on credit cards periodically
Things to Avoid/be aware of
- Touching face
- No longer take change. Only use credit card
- Pen in signing at counters. Use pen or be aware and use HS asap
- Public doors and handles
- Grocery cart
- Signing with finger on screen at register
- Putting in number at grocery store
- Use wipes at theater-no longer going to theater
- Keep distance from others in public 6 feet or more
- Shipping boxes. Study now shows they can retain virus for days
- Sanitized contents of boxes if smooth surface such as plastics.
- Sanitize oxygen bottles
- Expect guests to use HS upon entering. Use Zoom for most all contacts
- Housekeeper put on furlough
Receiving Shipping Items
- Assume the box has the virus on it. Open the box and discard in trash.
- Put item on deck. Wash hands. Spray item with Clorox spray.
- Leave on porch for an hour or even three or four days.
One thought on “Checklist for Infection Prevention”
Excellent. Thank you very much.